East Chatham Fire Company
14 Frisbee St.
East Chatham, NY
A Huge Thank You to everyone that came out and supported us during our Breakfast on Sunday May 5 th.
Plan ahead and mark your calenders or phones for Sunday October 13 th for the Fall Breakfast. Here is our newest member Doug Clark, already cooking up a storm.
Firefighters have an increased risk of developing mesothelioma due to exposure to asbestos in older structures on fire as well as carrying asbestos on their clothes.
The Hidden Risk Firefighters Face
It’s no secret that firefighters put themselves in dangerous environments with poor air quality. Firefighters are at risk of inhaling a plethora of dangerous toxins, including asbestos. Although not the most immediate danger in the face of a fire, asbestos exposure should not be overlooked. Learn more about the risks of asbestos exposure in our free Mesothelioma Guide.
"On behalf of the community and the East
Chatham Fire Company it is with deep sadness and sorrow to report that after 10 years of bravery and service that Director and Lieutenant Rick Newton has completed his last and final call. He is now at rest but will continue to watch over his family, his friends and his fellow firefighters.
East Chatham Fire Company Lt. Rick Newton you are now clear from your duties, go rest in peace and know that you will be forever in our hearts.
We’ll take it from here."
Firehouse with new addition
Today, there have been 9 visitors (24 hits) on this page!
130 calls for 2018
109 calls for 2017
Facebook 'Like' Button
Change your battery in your detectors and test them too!
Dispose of used batteries appropriately so they are not fire hazards themselves